A VOLUNTEER-RUN DECENTRALIZED NETWORK COORDINATING RAPID RESPONSE AND LONG TERM MUTUAL AID WITH PUERTO RICO IN THE AFTERMATH OF HURRICANE MARIA
THE AFTERMATH OF HURRICANE MARIA IN PUERTO RICO IS A PHYSICAL, POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC DISASTER OF UNPRECEDENTED PROPORTIONS
We are an open platform coordinating decentralized efforts to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate relief.
By prioritizing the input of those who are most directly impacted, our efforts are immediately responsive to changes in needs on the ground. Some have lost their lives, many have lost everything.
While hierarchical and centralized structures have limitations in rapid response, struggling to adjust nimbly to emerging conditions, decentralized self-organized networks benefit from the knowledge of those communities on the ground and effectively mobilize resources.
As relief efforts continue many people remain without medicine, water, power, gasoline or communication. Our commitment is to foster a more efficient rapid response and facilitate equitable long term recovery.
AN OPEN PLATFORM FOR DIFFERENT GROUPS TO SELF ORGANIZE
People and groups can share information directly with each other and connect to the resources they need through scheduled conference calls, social media channels and our website.
Red de Apoyo Mutuo para Puerto Rico is a platform and a network, not an organization, nonprofit, or government affiliate.
A SPACE WHERE THE MOST INNOVATIVE, COMMUNITY DRIVEN AND COMPREHENSIVE METHODS OF REBUILDING CAN FLOURISH
- Join our scheduled calls at 5 pm [EST]. Wednesdays
- Our network conference calls are held in English and Spanish on alternating days with translation provided in order to maximize inclusion.
- The conversations cover reports from the island, volunteer efforts, connecting resources and sharing successes and struggles in sharing and mobilizing aid.
- Follow our network iniciatives in facebook & events calendar
- Directory of Hurricane Response Organizations & Groups in the US
- Directory of Response Organizations & Groups in Puerto Rico
- Register your Aid Effort/Organization
- Search Efforts/Organizations